Saturday, May 29, 2010

If I were on fire would you piss on me to put me out?

Since I am so new (again) to this blogging thingie, I may go overboard with posts. Nonetheless, I will when inspiration strikes. Hopefully, that will be frequent.

I just walked in the door from a class where I endured 2 whole hours of Kirk Cameron's mindless drivel about Christ saving his marriage.

Hold on. Did I actually say that? Yes. Yes I did.

I won't name this atrocity of a movie since you could easily figure it out if you really want to. From looking at the cover of the dvd, I knew from the beginning what lie ahead. Aside from REALLY bad acting and a mind-numbingly predictable script there was a lump of dialog somewhere about the middle of the movie consisting of pure sermonizing. Not story dialog. Not plot development. No. Just plain ol' 'come to Jesus' preaching.

Now to be honest, I don't mind the class. It offers a good outlet for my ill-feelings about my own personal situation (which I will NOT go into). And it does provide some much-needed baselining about good human interaction. But to be subjected to hours of Christian sermonizing disguised (very thinly I might add) as a movie. That is just inhumane punishment on a grand scale.

And Kirk has NOT aged well. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment